3. Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
4. EthereumBlockchainAs a Service (EBaaS).
5. Software-as-a-service (SaaS).
6. Platform-as-a-service (Paas).
7. Distributed ledgers.
8. Consensus methods.
9. Decentralized technologies.
10. Internet of Things (IoT).
11. P2P networks.
12. Data security.
13. Cyber security.
14. Web technologies.
Be sure to ask the candidate's campaign with which of the above it does not have problems and with which they are present. This question must be asked as these nuances affect the characteristics or safety of the final product development.
Suppose after this question you realized that a blockchain developer has a small amount of knowledge to successfully develop your dapp application, you can ask yourself 2 questions: can the developer ensure the successful development of your application and does he have any experience in this field of development blockchains? If you answered at least one question not, you should delete this candidate from your list, cooperation with such a company can bring you some losses.
Attracting experienced developers is one of the most important tasks, as often dapp-applications require several professional skills in the blockchain system for successful development, as mentioned above. Only highly qualified specialists in their fields of programming can effectively and timely ensure the effective development of the dapp application.
The professional staff of the company will immediately let you know whether it is worth cooperating with this company of developers. You need to know how many developers will work on your project, as well as what technologies will be used in the implementation of your project.
Only having a team with a large list of excellently fulfilled dapp applications, and therefore a great professional experience, a company can guarantee the most convenient cooperation. When working with such a team, there will be no need for regular communication with developers, and to guide the direction of their actions. Only professional staff can guarantee the completion of tasks on time, as well as a quality project.
Understanding your goals
Many developers specialize in specific areas of blockchain implementation, for example, real estate, logistics, real production or government services. Of course, it is better to choose those who are familiar with the specifics of your business or the task that you set for the developer.
A good developer blockchain company looks at the development of a dapp application through the lens of client’s business objectives. The main task is not just to create a dapp application, but to develop a tool for obtaining certain business benefits.
The idea of any dapp application is its target purpose, which can be, for example, in sales promotion, attracting new customers, increasing brand awareness and loyalty, and the like.
Some blockchain developers aim quickly and successfully to close the project with maximum profit. Other developers aim to increase the possible profit from this project through deception and increase development time. It is necessary to distinguish them.
Choosing a developer who has never worked on tasks similar to your task automatically says that you will spend quite a lot of time explaining to the developer what you want, but it’s possible that the final product will disappoint you.
Since the blockchain world is still relatively new and unexplored, most developers do various experiments, the purpose of which is to get more advantages than the blockchain provides today, so having a team that actively watches various blockchain trends is a big advantage. Knowledge of new trends will help in creating the most effective dapp-application. Therefore, if your candidate team follows the latest trends in the blockchain industry, you can move it to the list of priority candidates.
Objectivity of calculations
Ask for an approximate calculation for the first time of your cooperation. Pay attention to how well it works, whether there are any controversial points. Be sure to review the calculation for the presence of any additional payments not specified in advance. If such nuances appear, it is worth considering whether to trust this company and whether it is worth cooperating with it at all.
What's worth special attention when communicating with a company representative at a distance?
1. Speed of response to your message. Efficiency is very much appreciated in the IT industry. It is very important with what speed you answered the first and subsequent messages. If this is a day - everything is fine, later - there are not enough staff or the system of communication with clients is not adjusted. Of course, such an assessment can be strictly subjective, but in this way you will get the first impression about the blockchain developer. In the same way, you can evaluate Facebook activity: how often new posts appear, whether there are comments and answers to them, unless, of course, they even have a Facebook page. If there is no page, it makes you think.
2. Videoconferencing. Having selected several companies, contact them via video chat. See who will communicate with you. It is very important to ask to show the workspace. This makes it very clear: the size of the business, the number of employees, employment and the availability of appropriate equipment. If they have people on outsourcing - not scary. But preference should be given to those who have a permanent staff of developers working under the same roof.
3. The number of questions. If a developer’s company manager asks you a lot of questions, that’s pretty good. This indicates that he wants to fully familiarize himself with your task and other nuances of future cooperation. If a project manager or coder is also present during your conference, that’s even better.
4. The contribution of developers to the development of open source. Assess the contribution of the candidate company in the open development. Bitcoin, ether, and many other cryptocurrencies are open source, and therefore coders from around the world often join together to improve a particular blockchain, or develop some technology.
For example, there are seven independent teams in the world that create blockchain wallets for Bitcoin, which can use the Lightning Network technology - a very fast exchange of coins with a minimum commission. Bitcoin itself is also developing due to free labor of coders from around the world.
Of course, participation in Open Source is not necessary, but if it is in meaningful projects that are used by millions of users, this is a big plus for such a company.
5. Methodology to be used when developing your project. The most famous methodologies for managing blockchain projects are Scrum, Kanban, the list is not limited to them. The use of such methodologies makes it possible to optimize the development process as much as possible and to provide effective interaction with the client.
Why is it important to choose the right company?
The code of a dapp application based on blockchain technology is usually open. Thanks to this, anyone can look at it and make sure that the application is honest and open. Of course, this has a positive effect on the development of technologies, but at the same time it creates additional risks for application owners: if there is an error or a back door in the code, any programmer will be able to notice them and hack the system, therefore, the priority task of the blockchain developer of a dapp application is to ensure the protection of the system.
All blockchain developers know that encryption of the blockchain technology is indestructible, but the company with which you will cooperate must ensure the maximum possible protection of its creation. Ask your contractor how many and which security filters they have in priority when building your dapp application. Before cooperating, make sure that the contractor uses all the options from the multi-signature function to integrate two-factor identification.
Integration with outdated applications
Most experts accept that the practice of implementing the blockchain goes beyond the traditional set of skills in the blockchain field in terms of combining new technologies with old ones. This process is long and complex.
As a rule, there are two problems related to outdated systems:
1. Integration with existing applications.
2. Knowledge of which parts need to be replaced.
Technical integration with legacy systems and applications will always be a big problem combining new and old applications facing the blockchain developers. It is for this reason that, first of all, an application is created outside the existing systems in order to avoid integration nightmares at the first stage of development, and only then methods are used to combine new and old applications.
Even the safest dapp application in the world costs nothing if it has poor performance. Therefore, it is important to select a developer who can optimize the product so that the information transfer rate, the number of processed smart contracts meet the needs of users.
The most important question: will the final result match the money invested in the development?