The increasing complexity of projects
This trend is quite multifaceted and unusual. Its unusual is that projects become more complex for those who perform them, but they should be simply explained to the target audience.
Only those professionals who are able in simple form to present complex things to customers will be able to build effective strategies for Internet promotion.
Target audience does not need to go deep. It is focused on meeting your needs. This is important to understand in the work on the project.
Investing in employee skills
To the company was really successful, it is now only enough to focus on the needs of customers. The need for employees in professional self-development should also be ensured. The key success elements for hard and complex projects like crypto development. Learn more here.
Invitation of top-level trainers and experts, payment of additional training at master classes and professional conferences - all this now belongs to the priorities of not only Internet giants, but also small companies.
Interaction in the teams is transformed, and management understands that long-term relationships with one team are much more effective than accessing the services of outside specialists.
It is better to train your own employee a new knowledge, the implementation of which will be among his duties. It is much more profitable than constantly paying for the additional services of competent specialists who do not work in your company's staff.
New client relationship format
In modern companies, not only the boundaries of hierarchical relations in groups are eroding. The "customer-company" relationship is no longer the same as it used to be. Now customers are turning into full partners. Everything of this for us show an ICO and a crypto. Consider it before starting and creation of cryptocurrency.
This is to some extent due to the fact that ordinary people who are not PR managers and journalists take an active part in creating content.
Therefore, companies can no longer count on the fact that they will manage their reputation in the Internet segment independently.
Opinion and audience assessment are often the predominant factor. People are more likely to trust information from other people than from the company.
One of the tasks of project management in 2019 will be the detailed development of those ways to encourage an active loyal audience that produces content about the brand. This will encourage customers to share their opinions and opinions.
In fact, you will get an audience that will partly take on the role of your PR manager.
Development of design thinking
This type of thinking will help you develop solutions for which integrated approaches are used. They can be borrowed from engineering practices in combination with ideas from the field of art, business, social sciences.
For those professionals who manage projects, design thinking is very important, because it is an instrument for several important tasks:
• Develop the essence of the project;
• Definitions of requirements;
• Search for solutions for atypical problems that may arise during work.
Companies that occupy a leading position in the modern market, help their project managers to master the approaches of web design or design management, as well as the introduction of innovations in management activities.
Distributed work in global commands
At the present time, a fairly common trend is when an international team is working on one project. For the information technology industry, this trend has already become a norm.
Therefore, successful project managers have to put a lot of effort into setting up a team consisting of people living in different time zones and separated by a language barrier.
Training of project specialists from non-project industries
Perhaps, the formed principle sounds somewhat paradoxical. However, in modern business it is very important that specialists from different industries understand the features of project thinking, if they work in the same team.
Now master this type of thinking is not only the heads of projects, sales departments, logistics and marketing. Understand these principles should be to all employees, regardless of the position in which they are located.
Accounting for recent research results
The study, entitled "Pulse of the Profession 2017", has formed those trends in project management that will be relevant for the next few years. The survey involved 3,234 specialists from different countries and industries. As a result, the following trends were identified:
• Managing the implementation of benefits. It is not enough just to monitor the completion of the project on time and "fit" it into the planned budget. It is very important that the accomplished task brings real benefits to the business. Modern companies are actively working on the formation of their long-term strategies. And although they have to adapt to the work under conditions of change, it is very important that each project conforms to this overall strategic concept;
• Active involvement of the sponsor. This is not just about financial participation. The sponsor, who is interested in the very process of implementing the project, is some kind of its driver and catalyst;
• Talent management. The formal approach to project management is increasingly moving to the background. Therefore, companies are adapting to new methods of training their employees and taking advantage of their potential in working on projects;
• Using the Agile Approach. This aspect is very important and requires more detailed consideration.
Agile Approach is a collective term, which includes several principles and methods. Among them:
• Focus of the team of specialists on the needs and objectives of the company's customers;
• Simplification of processes and organizational structure (above, we have already mentioned that companies are becoming less hierarchical in their approaches to building teams);
• Division of the workflow into short cycles with specific tasks;
• Focus on feedback and active use of its results;
• Increase the authority of members of the work team;
• Introduction of a humanistic approach to the company's philosophy (in the definition and realization of values, corporate relations, interaction with customers).
To ensure that the Agile approach is implemented as efficiently as possible, every employee of the company must understand the concept of the project and the portrait of the target audience.
It is important that a single vision was conveyed, what the client looks like and what his needs are to satisfy the company.
This will ensure that each member of the team understands not only his task, but also his role in implementing the overall strategy.
Summarizing the main trends of project management, which are relevant now and will not lose influence in 2019, it is worth mentioning the following aspects:
• Increase the influence of managers in the overall strategy of the team;
• Adaptability in changing conditions;
• Change management;
• Ability to simply interpret complex business processes;
• Talent management;
• New client-oriented formats;
• Design thinking as a new type of creative approach;
• Increase in the number of international teams in modern business;
• Integration of project thinking into all parts of the work processes;
• Managing the implementation of benefits;
• Encouraging the active involvement of the sponsor in the implementation of the project concept;
• Applying the methodology that is characteristic of the Agile approach.
Business is becoming more complex, but, at the same time, interesting. Companies that are not afraid of challenges and are able to maintain an up-to-date image in changing conditions, get every chance of being successful in their industries. But you have to choose the right web company!